Saturday, July 4, 2009

"Gimme 20"

Last summer, Alex learned the phrase "I'm bored". It has taken 3 weeks, but it's back!

Yesterday, while Dan and I were cleaning up the yard, cooking for the 4th, and feeding Lindsay, Alex decided that he was bored.

So, I decided that each time Alex said he was bored, he would have to pick 20 weeks from the yard--for something to do. I guess he didn't believe that I would make him do it so he tested me.

I told him to put his shoes on and I'd see him again when he had 20 weeds. I was really surprised that he didn't fight me on it.

10 minutes later, he had a bucket full of weeds.

Success??

Yes, I'd have to say so. I got some weeds pulled from the yard and Alex hasn't said he is bored again--yet.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I'll have to remember that. But when Ian gets bored, he tells me, "Mommy? I'm boring."

    ReplyDelete