Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hearing Test

This morning, I took Lindsay for her semi-annual hearing test. I should be thankful that the only health issues we have had with her are vision and hearing. But, man I hate the hearing test.

It usually involves me restraining her hands with one hand and holding her head against my chest so the audiologist can test her ears. She wiggles, cries, and kicks her legs in protest. However, today she did a great job. She protested a little, but it was much improved from the last time.

Then, I get to hold her the same way while she has an ear piece inserted into her ear, which she doesn't like at all. The test can't begin until she is quiet and still. Yeah, right! And everytime she moves or makes a noise, we have to start over. It is torture. However, today we got to skip this test!

Then there is the hearing booth. I have to sit with her in my lap while she listens for different sounds coming from the speakers. She doesn't mind it if there is music playing, but once the tones come, it gets really boring for her. She turns around and plays with my face and gives me a kiss. Or she might take her shoes off and suck on her toes. Fun stuff! However, today she did a great job. She only gave me one kiss and mostly did what she was supposed to do.

She passed her test! Normal range is between 0-20 and the audiologist got her to score consistently at a 10.

We have always told everyone that she can hear. She may have a very slight hearing loss, but nothing that should affect anything. So, we are done with another hearing test. We'll look forward to another one in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment