Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's a Cruel, Cruel World

I took my kids and neighbors to a park for a fun morning of play. Everyone was having a lot of fun until I went back to the car to find one of the doors to my van ajar. My purse was gone. It was pretty much my fault. Of course, I didn't force anyone to commit the crime, but I knew one of the locks on the van had been acting funny and I should have double checked it.

What I lost:
-purse (backpack style--completely out of fashion, but very practical when chasing Lindsay around)
-wallet with $7, license, bank card and one credit card
-camera (second one stolen within a year--very frustrating, however I had just downloaded all the pictures onto disc so it wasn't a complete lost)
-phone--with everyone's numbers
-coupon book--lost months and months of coupons
-all of my store cards--I was 2 punches away from getting free stuff from the teacher store
-misc. mommy stuff--sanitizer, bandaides, neosporin...

I immediately went to the bank and no one had used my bank card. They didn't use my credit card. Basically they didn't get much, but it was extremely inconvenient for me considering we were going out of town the next day.

My neighbor was awesome and really helped me out. She let me use her cell phone so I could call Dan on the way home and she watched the kids while I went to the DMV to get a new license.

Lesson learned: always lock your valuables up.

No comments:

Post a Comment